skip to main content skip to main menu

Permits, Food & Licensing
~ Kirimana āheitanga, te kai me ngā raihana

knife fork glass

Buskers Information

Buskers can add to the colour and vibrancy of a city, and they are welcome in Napier City.

However, to entertain in public they do need the city council's permission. There may be times when it is necessary to withhold permission, for example when other activities are underway in the downtown area.

Buskers shouldn't create a nuisance by obstructing or harassing people or by making too much noise. Those lacking talent may be asked to move on.

Buskers should also seek permission from the owners or staff of shops in the area where they plan to entertain.

Prospective buskers can come to the second floor of the Council administration building at 231 Hastings Street, Napier to request a permit or fill in the online form.

Application for Permit to Busk

Follow this link if the form fails to load. online form.

Related Documents

There are no documents related to this page.

Related Pages

There are no pages related to this page.

Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Napier City Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Napier City Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Napier City Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the Napier City Council information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.

© Napier City Council - / +64 6 835 7579 / Fax: +64 6 835 7574