A mayor and 12 councillors are elected by the city to represent and work for the people of Napier.
- Provides good services and infrastructure (such as roads, rubbish, water, waste etc)
- Adds value to our lifestyle by enhancing the character and culture of our unique Art Deco city (theatres, art gallery, museum, music etc)
- Grows our economy by developing jobs and attracting visitors and new residents to our area
- Protects our green environment, making sure future generations get to use it and enjoy a clean, safe place to live
- Works to make Napier safe for everyone to enjoy
- Makes sure facilities and amenities are there for all - pathways, pools, sports facilities, halls, public spaces etc
- Ensures sound financial decision-making to keep Napier one of the most 'affordable' cities to live in
- Works in many ways with residents, individuals, groups and areas of the city, to discuss and consult on everyone's needs and aspirations for Napier
Napier City Council has almost 500 employees who work to put the policies and aspirations of the Council and city into action.
- Community Services, including tourism facilities
- Corporate Services
- City Strategy
- City Services