skip to main content

I want to...

Current filter:

Building ConsentsTono whakaaetanga hangatanga

Regardless of where or what you’re building, it’s likely you’ll need a building consent. Below we’ve put together a comprehensive rundown about how to apply, process and plans, LBPs, CCCs, exemptions, restricted work, and some handy FAQs.

All Building Consent applications at Napier City Council are now lodged online. To apply for a Building Consent please go to the Apply for It section on the home page or follow the link below:

online Alpha One Building Consent system

Building consent means a consent to carry out building work granted by a Building Consent Authority under section 49 of the Building Act 2004. A Duty Building Consents Officer (Building, Plumbing and Drainage) is available for in-person and phone inquiries, 9am-1pm weekdays.

+64 6 835 7579


Napier City Council - Copyright © 2024 Napier City Council

Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Napier City Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Napier City Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Napier City Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.

© Napier City Council - / +64 6 835 7579 /