Napier Activator Champion 2018
Apply for up to $7,000 for a city activation project to brighten up our city this summer!
Napier City Council has worked with local businesses to deliver successful city activation projects since 2015. Now we are opening up the opportunity to all Napier-ites.
Who can apply?
Everyone is welcome to apply.
Individuals, businesses, organisations, or groups of friends – if you have a creative idea to activate a public space or make the city more fun and inclusive, we want to hear from you!
The project can be a single event, a public artwork, a smart technology city application or a seasonal installation. The project needs to be interesting, fun and welcoming; provide benefit to the wider public; easy to maintain and take down; and to be delivered within the budget and timeframe.
How does it work?
- Prepare and carry out the project, including co-ordinating the materials, logistics, construction and materials
- Set it up and take it down
- Provide funding
- Help with Council permission and other processes
- Promote the project on various media platforms
- May shape the project to ensure a safe and successful outcome (alter design, location, delivering time etc.)
Application period opens on 17 September and closes at 5pm on Friday 12 October.
We will announce the winner by 26 October.
The project go live between November and February.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call us on +64 6 833 9781.