Venues to Hire
Napier City Council has 12 halls and venues available for hire.
Conditions of Hire
Venues have individual conditions of hire and emergency evacuation procedures. These will be provided when a hire arrangement is confirmed.
Some conditions of hire common to all venues are:
- All venues are non-smoking.
- Premises will not be hired out by or for people under the age of 21 unless there is to be parental/adult supervision throughout the duration of the hire.
- All venues must be left in a clean and tidy condition and all rubbish removed. Non-compliance will incur additional charges.
- Council accepts no responsibility for hirers' equipment used or left on the premises.
- Council-owned equipment and furniture on the premises is available to hirers and is included in the hire charges. The hirer will be responsible and liable for any loss or damage sustained.
- Hirers must ensure the emergency evacuation procedure is read and understood prior to the period of hire. In the event of an emergency, the hirers are responsible for ensuring these procedures are carried out.
- Any function that includes alcohol requires a special liquor licence. This can be obtained from the district liquor licensing agency within the council's health unit, 2nd floor, Civic Building, Hastings Street, Napier.
- Hire charges, including bonds, are set according to a scale which is available from the Napier City Council. The council reserves the right to increase or vary charges without notice.