Plan Modification 12
Summary of Plan Modification 12 - Review of Ahuriri Mixed Use Zone
The Mixed Use Zone provisions of the Operative District Plan – Ahuriri Subdistrict were reviewed in 2013. This review ran parallel with, but separate to, District Plan Change 10. The review assessed the strengths and weaknesses of the Mixed Use Zone provisions with a view to identify how effective these provisions have been in managing land uses within the zone. This review, Review of the Ahuriri Mixed Use Zone September 2013 FINAL, can be viewed below.
The changes proposed in Draft Plan Modification 12 are based on the ‘Priority 1’ findings from the review. The ‘Priority 1’ findings are those findings that should be considered and acted upon first due to greater or more immediate concern.
Changes proposed by Draft Plan Modification 12 are summarised as follows;
- Amendments to the Issues, Objectives and Policies;
- Change to the rule controlling the maximum permitted height of buildings and structures;
- Change to the rule controlling the height in relation to boundary;
- Change to the rule for outdoor storage;
- Change to the rule controlling the construction of fences;
- Change to the rule for maximum noise levels;
- Consequential changes to the reasons for rules;
- Amendments to the Mixed Use Zone boundary.
Plan Modification 12 has been delayed at this stage.