District Plan Change 10
Decisions issued 24 June 2015
Plan Change 10 is largely a community-driven Plan Change that aims to harmonise District Plan provisions in the Napier District Plan and the Hastings District Plan wherever practicable while retaining a primary focus on ‘place-based’ planning. There are three distinct ‘arms’ to this Plan Change; incorporating the Ahuriri Subdistrict Plan into the Operative City of Napier District Plan; harmonising provisions where practicable between the Napier and Hastings District Plans; and incorporating recent Napier City Council policy changes and decisions into the Napier District Plan.
The primary changes proposed in Plan Change 10 are:
- To integrate the Ahuriri Subdistrict provisions into the Operative Napier District Plan so that all planning rules for Napier are held within one planning document.
- To harmonise wherever practicable the following District Plan provisions between the Napier and Hastings District Plans in order to achieve consistency between the two authorities.
- Natural Hazards
- Network Utilities
- Renewable Electricity Generation
- Activities on the Surface of Water
- Hazardous Substances
- Transport (primarily, but not limited to, car parking ratios)
- Contaminated Sites
- Heritage including provision for safety alterations (earthquake strengthening) of heritage items
- Temporary Activities
- Non Rural uses within the Rural Zones (Home occupations, Supplementary Units, Residential Care Facilities, Day Care Centres, Education Facilities, Travellers' Accommodation)
- Introducing Non-Complying Activity status particularly for subdivisions not meeting minimum lot sizes
- Providing for seasonal workers accommodation
- New provisions requiring the use of inert roofing materials in specified areas
- Tyre storage
- Stage One Implementation of HPUDS (Heretaunga Plains Urban Development Strategy)
- Noise standards associated with Temporary Activities
- To update existing Napier District Plan provisions where they are affected by recent Napier City Council policy changes and decisions, including;
- Temporary signs in rural areas
- Realigning the parking exemption boundary with the differential rating boundary in the inner city
- Sports Park Rezoning at Park Island
- Rezoning Western Hills and Park Island Cemeteries from Sports Park to Reserve Zone
- A proposed change to the boundary of the Sports Park Zone as it applies to Sir Donald McLean Park
- Updating Code of Practice for Subdivision and Land Development to reflect current best practice
- Rural Settlement Zone site coverage rules
- To update planning maps to reflect the harmonised zonings and for consistency in style and colour with the Hastings District Plan.
- Update and amend Appendices in the Plan as a result of any of the above changes.
Decisions on Plan Change 10 were issued on 24 June 2015 following hearing of submissions.