We have 70 rental flats in three villages close to the inner city.
- Nelson Place Village has 12 flats.
- Wellesley Place Village has 26 flats.
- Carlyle Place Village has 32 flats.
Our flats are mainly two-storey, two bedroom units, with a handful of one and three bedroom options. Each has a bathroom, kitchen, laundry area and lounge.
Each flat comes with a single off-street park, usually in a car-port. We ask visitors to park in the designated visitors car park, or outside each village to avoid inconveniencing our tenants.
Our flats are available for all who meet Council's criteria, mostly around housing needs and income. Specifically:
- Applicants must have a genuine housing need
- Applicants must have a low income
- Applicants must meet an asset test
- Applicants are required to be New Zealand residents
- Applicants must have proof of their ability to pay rent
- Applicants are required to complete the application forms, then sign a statutory declaration in front of a Justice of Peace, deputy Registrar of the District Court, or another officer authorized to take declarations.
- All applicants must attend an interview before being allocated a property.
For more information, or more details on our criteria, please call the housing manager on (06) 835 7579.