Call for submissions – NCC's Representation Review
Every six years we're required by law to review how the community is represented. We're proposing to keep the status quo: we'd now like to hear what you think.
We’re calling for submissions on Napier City Council’s initial proposal to retain the current ward structure and representation arrangement. That is, 12 elected members plus the Mayor - six elected members are elected via wards, and six elected at large (ie. to represent the city as a whole). The proposal also states that there be no community boards within Napier City.
Once submissions close at midday on Thursday 17 May 2018, Council will consider the submissions and whether to modify the proposal.
Following the final proposal process, the confirmed representation arrangements are notified to (or decided by) the Local Government Commission. They will then take effect for the 2019 and 2022 elections.
If you'd like some background, we've got a wealth of resources here.
- NCC Rep Review 2018 - Submission Form (PDF 154 KB)
- NCC Rep Review 2018 - Survey Report (Nov 2017) (PDF 444 KB)
- NCC Rep Review 2018 - Survey Responses on Community Boards (PDF 197 KB)
- NCC Rep Review 2018 - Analysis Report (PDF 2.8 MB)
- NCC Rep Review 2018 - Council Report to Finance Committee (PDF 63 KB)
- NCC Rep Review 2018 - Additional information requested by Elected Members (PDF 113 KB)
- NCC Rep Review 2018 - Council Report to Council Meeting (PDF 83 KB)
- NCC Rep Review 2018 - Guidelines 2017 (PDF 1.5 MB)
17 May 2018