Destroyed by earthquake 1931, rebuilt 1934.
Repose is the cradle of power
Erected by the people of Napier in commemoration of
this town who fell in the Great War 1914-1918.
This stone was laid on 24 October 1925 by his Excellency General Sir Charles Ferguson, Baronet; L.L.D, G.C.M.G., K.C.B, D.S.O., M.V.O.
Governor General of New Zealand.
Next to the Cenotaph across from Clive Square
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Napier City Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Napier City Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Napier City Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Napier City Council - www.napier.govt.nz / +64 6 835 7579 / email@example.com