Pandora Splash Zone
Pandora Splash Zone at Ahuriri's Pandora Pond is Hawke’s Bay’s first inflatable water playground.
Opened in late 2016, Splash Zone was upgraded in January 2018, doubling in size to approximately 28m by 19m. It now includes:
- a climbing/jumping tower
- a lifeguard tower
- a half-pipe climbing wall
- a 'rodeo slide'
- a swing
- a trampoline connected by a balance beam.
Splash Zone is open – and free of charge - for young people and adults until the summer season is over. It is be removed over winter, though the anchors connecting it to the estuary floor remain.
It is patrolled by lifeguards on weekdays from 3pm to 8pm, and weekends and holidays from 10am to 8pm. For safety reasons, only children aged eight years and over can use Splash Zone. There are are some other safety rules that are covered off in signs around the playground and also on this page.
Splash Zone has been made by Wibit, a German company that specialises in open water inflatable playgrounds. Its work can be seen around the world, including several playgrounds in Australia.
- Splash Zone is open and patrolled by lifeguards from 3pm-8pm weekdays, and 10am-8pm weekends and holidays. Use outside these hours is prohibited and a trespass notice my be issued.
- Inflatable toys are for use by people ages eight years and older. Users must be confident swimmers.
- Before jumping off inflatable toys check there are no swimmers or obstacles below.
- No swimming under inflatable toys.
- No diving head first off inflatable toys. Jump feet first only.
- People under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs are strictly prohibited from using inflatable toys.
- No sharp objects near or on inflatables.
- No more than 25 people on inflatables at any one time. Maximum of three on trampoline.
- Listen to the lifeguards. They are here to look after you and ensure the safety of everyone. If their instructions are not heeded, they will close the playground.
- Pandora Pond is a significant conservation wildlife area. Do not disturb wildlife.
Pandora Splash 'n' Play Location Map
Pandora Splash 'n' Play is Hawke's Bay's first inflatable water playground, situated in Pandora Pond, Ahuriri.