Pandora Splash Zone
Pandora Splash Zone at Ahuriri's Pandora Pond is Hawke’s Bay’s first inflatable water playground.
Backed by Napier Port, Splash Zone includes a climbing/jumping tower and a trampoline, connected by a balance beam.
The entire playground occupies an area approximately 21m by 10.5m in size. It's available – and free of charge - for use by young people and adults until the summer season is over. It'll be removed over the winter months, though the anchors connecting it to the estuary floor will remain.
It is patrolled by lifeguards on weekdays from 3pm to 8pm, and weekends and holidays from 10am to 8pm. For safety reasons, only children aged eight years and over can use Splash Zone. There will be signs in place explaining the safety rules. Users must be confident swimmers.
Splash Zone has been made by Wibit, a German company that specialises in inflatable playgrounds designed for open water. Its work can be seen around the world, including several playgrounds in Australia.
- Open and patrolled by lifeguards from 3pm - 8pm weekdays, and 10am - 8pm weekends and holidays. Use outside these hours is prohibited and a trespass notice my be issued.
- Inflatable toys are for use by people ages eight years and older. Users must be confident swimmers.
- Before jumping off inflatable toys check there are no swimmers or obstacles below.
- No swimming under inflatable toys.
- No diving head first off inflatable toys. Jumping, feet first, only.
- People under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs are strictly prohibited from using inflatable toys.
- No sharp objects near or on inflatables.
- No more than 15 people on inflatables at any one time. Maximum of three on trampoline.
- Pandora Pond is a significant conservation wildlife area. Do not disturb wildlife.
Pandora Splash 'n' Play Location Map
Pandora Splash 'n' Play is Hawke's Bay's first inflatable water playground, situated in Pandora Pond, Ahuriri.