Historic Site. This plaque marks the site of the first community stopbank in 1877, to protect the residents of Taradale from the floodwaters of the Tutaekuri River.
Members of the Taradale Board of River Conservation 1876.
Mr L A Tiffen, Chairman
Mr G Condie
Mr C P O'Dowd
Mr T Jeffares
Mr A McDonald
Mr E H Bold, Engineer
Riverside Park, Taradale
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Napier City Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Napier City Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Napier City Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Napier City Council - www.napier.govt.nz / +64 6 835 7579 / firstname.lastname@example.org