Pandora Splash ‘n' Play
Pandora Splash 'n' Play is Hawke’s Bay’s first inflatable water playground, situated in Pandora Pond, Ahuriri.
Splash ‘n’ Play, which is supported by Napier Port, includes a climbing/jumping tower and a trampoline, connected by a balance beam.
The entire playground occupies an area approximately 21m by 10.5m in size. It is available – and free of charge - for use by young people and adults until the summer season is over. Council will remove it over the winter months, although the anchors connecting it to the estuary floor will remain in place.
It is patrolled by lifeguards on weekdays from 3pm to 7pm, and weekends and holidays from 9am to 7pm. For safety reasons, only children aged eight years and over can use Splash ‘n’ Play. There will be signs in place explaining the safety rules. Users must be confident swimmers.
Splash ‘n’ Play has been made by Wibit, a Germany based international company that specialises in inflatable playgrounds designed for open water. Its work can be seen around the world, including in Australia.
- Lifeguards on duty 3pm - 7pm weekdays and 9am - 7pm weekends and holidays. Use of inflatable toys outside these hours are at your own risk.
- Inflatable toys are for use by people ages eight years and older. Users must be confident swimmers.
- Before jumping off inflatable toys check there are no swimmers or obstacles below.
- No swimming under inflatable toys.
- No diving head first off inflatable toys. Jumping, feet first, only.
- People under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs are strictly prohibited from using inflatable toys.
- No sharp objects near or on inflatables.
- No more than 15 people on inflatables at any one time. Maximum of three on trampoline.
- Pandora Pond is a significant conservation wildlife area. Do not disturb wildlife.
Pandora Splash 'n' Play Location Map
Pandora Splash 'n' Play is Hawke's Bay's first inflatable water playground, situated in Pandora Pond, Ahuriri.